Witness what Amazon (AMZN) has done since UberDouche Jeff Bezos decided to take a flight in space that lasted several minutes. The stock has lost almost $300 billion in value, and frankly, it is still wildly overvalued, probably by ten-fold. But it’s a start!(more…)
Slope of Hope Blog Posts
Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
Below is the stock for Playboy (PLBY). Based on its lifetime history:
- It began with absolutely nothing special happening;
- It then became mildly excited, swelling and rising from its base;
- The excitement briefly died down, but in an instant, began to ramp up again with vigor;
- The surge swelled, generating excitement and attention, moving to utterly unexpected heights;
- Then, suddenly, it was all over, and a slow grind of disinterest ground away into a morass of utter insouciance.
It is 66% smaller than it was during the peak of the excitement.
When I was a kid in Louisiana, the nearest grocery store was Kroger. I had sort of forgotten about them (it’s been a long time), but I was impressed to see their chart (symbol KR) which is very bullish.(more…)