Witness what Amazon (AMZN) has done since UberDouche Jeff Bezos decided to take a flight in space that lasted several minutes. The stock has lost almost $300 billion in value, and frankly, it is still wildly overvalued, probably by ten-fold. But it’s a start!(more…)
Slope of Hope Blog Posts
Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
Equity Refractory Period
Below is the stock for Playboy (PLBY). Based on its lifetime history:
- It began with absolutely nothing special happening;
- It then became mildly excited, swelling and rising from its base;
- The excitement briefly died down, but in an instant, began to ramp up again with vigor;
- The surge swelled, generating excitement and attention, moving to utterly unexpected heights;
- Then, suddenly, it was all over, and a slow grind of disinterest ground away into a morass of utter insouciance.
It is 66% smaller than it was during the peak of the excitement.
When I was a kid in Louisiana, the nearest grocery store was Kroger. I had sort of forgotten about them (it’s been a long time), but I was impressed to see their chart (symbol KR) which is very bullish.(more…)